After consultation, the HCAO Executive Committee has decided to postpone the meeting tomorrow.
Roads are treacherous from Salem southward, with multiple crashes between Salem and Eugene on I-5. Snow is continuing currently in Corvallis/Albany and continuing more heavily in Eugene. It seems unlikely anyone would be able to get to Corvallis from the south or the coast or central Oregon, while travel from the north on I-5 might be disrupted again by more crashes. Temperatures will not get above freezing through Saturday.
Above all, it seems wrong to ask people to undertake risky travel.
When we set a new date for the meeting, we will let people know.
We are trying to reach everyone we know was intending to be in Corvallis by telephone too. In some cases, member organizations were sending delegates who were not the regular contact people represented on this list. If your group is in that situation, please help us ensure that everyone who may have been planning to attend gets the word that the meeting won't happen tomorrow.
Thanks to everyone who was planning to attend the meeting, sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Chris Lowe, HCAO vice-president